Being in Singapore means we don't have four seasons. We have one season, summer, with accompanying occasional showers throughout the year. Admittedly, that also means we are deprived of the sight of beautiful flowers. For real. In Seattle, spring is going strong - and the sight of flowers growing along the sidewalks is just amazingly beautiful. This certainly adds a new dimension to most Singaporeans' concept of springtime's wild flowers - which I think is mostly singing about bluebells ("Bluebells, cockle shell, Easy ivy over...") and buttercups ("Build me up, Buttercup"), and reading Enid Blyton's "Thirteen O' Clock" which involves dandelions!
New to me is also saying farewell to Winter, and doing so through a ski trip up Mount Baker, which is north of Seattle. I can now officially turn with those heavy skis on my feet - hurrah! Ha ha... However, I do pay the price of falling a gazillion times, which result in aching and sore muscles for the next couple of days!