Sunday, January 14, 2007
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
- I was just alerted by my mum and my friend Boat that the New Year "Welcoming 2007" link wasn't working, so I've fixed it and it's all better. Thanks to both of you! So... do take a look at the video! The fireworks aren't that pretty like those in Singapore (surprising ain't it? I'm proud of us!), but it's interestingly novel nonetheless because the fireworks shoot out from a tower instead. -
Hey again dear friends!
My apologies for the slight delay in posting new photos and updating you on things - was a little too sleepy to select my better shots and to upload them. There's been a lot of work, as usual, and I'm trying to manage it as best I can.
It snowed a few days ago, and right now too as I'm typing this post. When it first snowed, I was alerted to it when all the other Singaporeans who are living at my apartments started hooting and squealing at 10pm at night! Ha ha... Well, the temperature nowadays ranges between -5 and 5 degrees Celsius. I took some snapshots to share with those of you who have never experienced the wonder of snow... Experimented with some video functions too, but pardon the quality of the videos - not just the poor pixelated images but also the skill of the cameraperson. Ha ha...
Snowy Videos
Snow in the day
Snow at night
On to something else...A few of us also headed down to the Cheesecake factory in Downtown Seattle for some lip-smacking, well, cheesecake! All you cheesecake lovers out there, this is a place you absolutely cannot miss if you ever visit Seattle! Photos in the photo window to tantalize those tastebuds...
And lastly, this is a little backlogged, but I'd like to share with you what I did on New Year's Eve. Almost all 25 of us from Singapore went down to Gasworks Park, which is on the side of a lake that's opposite the famous Space Needle in Downtown Seattle. New Year's celebrations are held at the Space Needle with fireworks and all, but we didn't go down cos it'd be too crowded - so we thought of catching the fireworks from the other side of the lake instead. I'd like to share with you a video of the fireworks that welcomed Seattle to 2007 - we were quite far from the actual site, but hopefully you'll be able to get a little taste of what my New Year was like.
New Year 2007 video
Welcoming 2007
Yup, so that's it for now! Will update again soon. :)
Next update: Sun, 21 Jan 2007, noon onwards.
yours, from the little red dot at... 8:01 am